Ivan Jureta holds the Senior Researcher (Chercheur qualifié) position with the Belgian national research fund (Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique – FNRS, Brussels) and is Associate Professor with the Department of Business Administration, University of Namur.
Ivan’s principal research interest is in method engineering and method automation, focusing on the elicitation, modelling and analysis of knowledge that human experts apply in problem solving and decision making, the engineering of ontologies and processes capturing that knowledge, and the automation of the said processes. This interest falls within the various research fields concerned with the transfer, preservation and automation of knowledge.
Ivan is the author of “Analysis and Design of Advice” (Springer, 2011), has published over 60 research papers on these topics within the fields of requirements engineering, business analysis, and conceptual modeling of information systems, and serves on scientific committees of the International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE), the International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER), and the International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE). He is the recipient of the 2008 IEEE RE conference best paper award, and the 2014 CAiSE conference distinguished paper award. He has organized and chaired the series of International Workshops on Modeling and Reasoning for Business Intelligence (MORE-BI), held in Brussels in 2011 and Florence in 2012. For the most current list of research publications, visit DBLP.
- An Empirical Study of Notifications Importance for Online Social Network Users
- Requirements Engineering Patterns for the Modeling of Online Social Networks Features
- Knowledge-Based Recommendation Systems: A Survey
- What Stakeholders Will or Won't Say: A Theoretical and Empirical Study of Topic Importance in Requirements Engineering Elicitation Interviews
- Using goals and customizable services to improve adaptability of process-based service compositions
- On the Definition of Self-service Systems
- Product portfolio scope optimization based on features and goals